Spirit Week Kicks Off the Hen Hud School Year

Student filled bleachers at the Pep Rally.

Photo Credit: Mrs. Pipchinski

As the 2022-2023 school year began, Hen Hud held the annual Spirit Week, beginning September 19th. During this week, students of all grades showed strong school spirit by participating in themed dress-up days with a pep rally at the end. The Spirit Week was a great success, with junior Shaun Saleem describing it as “a very fun event that was inclusive for all grades.” 

Monday the 19th was classic Pajama Day, a favorite tradition. On Tuesday, Hen Hud Sailors came to school dressed as some of their favorite characters from movies, books, and series for Character Day. After that came Wednesday’s Colors Wars, when the Freshmen wore yellow, Sophomores green, Juniors purple, and the Senior Class red. Thursday was Decades Day, when students wore different outfits from the past. Finally, on Friday, all grades wore blue and white attire for Hen Hud Spirit Day. 

On Friday the 23rd, students and teachers showed their sailor spirit before our homecoming game at the pep rally. The pep rally included Tug-o-War and Musical Dots. The teacher and football/cheer team vs. varsity athletes Tug-o-War ended early when the rope snapped in two, resulting in a stalemate. Following the yearly tradition, each class threw pies at faculty members, including Mr. Giovinazzi.

The Sophomore and Senior classes showed the highest numbers of participating students for spirit week. The sophomore class had the highest rate of participation during Spirit Week, with one point more than the Seniors. The Freshmen followed, and coming in last were the Juniors. 

After years of online school and social distancing, Spirit Week remains a prominent and popular event for Hen Hud, and the students look forward to many more to come.

Class representatives display their class banners. (Mrs. Pipchinski)