The Student News Site of Hendrick Hudson

The Hendrick Hudson Anchor

The Hendrick Hudson Anchor

The Hendrick Hudson Anchor

Fit For Fashion: Coffee

(1st Place) Sophomore: Ada Millar- 31.5% Photographer: Self Submission

Fit for Fashion is back with its second cycle with a cozy, yet energetic theme: Coffee. The aroma and flavor of coffee are a sweet delight, especially on a chilly fall morning. Whether it be a latte, macchiato, or plain-old cup of coffee, the beverage is a great way to start the day and shake away the morning’s grogginess. And, what could be better than matching your outfit with your coffee? 

This week’s coffee-colored theme turned out to be a sweet delight for our nominees.

The Anchor is pleased to announce Ada Miller as the winner of this week’s Fit for Fashion challenge. 

Ada Millar took first place with 31.5% of the votes. Her outfit consisted of an oversized t-shirt, espresso-coffee-colored pants, and a tasteful white undershirt to the likes of frothed milk won over the voting body. To top it off, she is photographed on a modern, gray deck with a beautiful Japanese Maple tree in the background, adding to the fall feel of her outfit. This outfit makes us want to pour ourselves a cup of joe; Ada truly stirred up the polls this cycle.

Cameron Haynes secured the second place with 29.6% of the votes. He is dressed in a well-fitted white button-up shirt, a light beige-brown sweater vest, and matching bright beige pants that complement his elegant appearance. Cameron’s outfit was most to the likes of a macchiato or latte: rich and smooth, yet delicate and pleasing. The overall ensemble is a testament to his refined taste and keen eye for style.

Monica Marano rounded out Fit for Fashion’s top candidates in third place with 16.7% of the votes. Monica looked great in a stylish coffee-brown cardigan, paired with beige whipped-cream like trousers which were perfect for the cold, chilly weather.  The colors of the lovely knit patterned cardigan aided in enhancing her style and adding some lovely texture to the outfit. To tie it all together, her fashionable black boots and somber black headphones were implemented into this ensemble delightfully. 

Fit for Fashion will be back next week with a new theme. Check the Student Government Schoology page and tune-in to the overhead announcements on Monday to learn more. 

Check Out the Runner-Ups Below!