Photo Credits: Brady Bayer
Photo Credits: Brady Bayer

Homecoming Weekend Takes Hen Hud by Storm

Photo Credits: Rowan Dapson

MONTROSE, NY; Hendrick Hudson High School was not deterred by the rain during their 2023 Homecoming weekend. The school leapt back into the school year with spirit, as the week consisted of daily themes for students to show their enthusiasm. The festivities covered all bases; the Pep Rally on Friday afternoon in the gymnasium, the rescheduled varsity football game on Saturday night, followed by the PTSA-sponsored homecoming dance later that evening.

Spirit Week at Hendrick Hudson did not disappoint; walking down the hallways, every day was filled with ridiculous, exciting, and surely unique outfits from all grades, always carrying a message of sailor pride and a sense of community. This year’s Student Government chose Pajama Day, “Barbenheimer,” – a play on the feuding box office of the new Barbie and Oppenheimer films – Color Wars, where each grade represents a different color, and finally the Hen Hud Spirit day filled with a sea of blue and white. 

Photo Credits: Rowan Dapson

Just as they accomplished with a successful Spirit Week, the rejuvenated Student Government organized a lively, interactive Pep Rally during the allocated time at the end of Friday’s school day. The crowd sat in the bleachers eagerly, a constant murmur of cheers and collective excitement, as they awaited the arrival of the sports teams showcasing their banners full of Sailor pride. From games that pitted each grade against each other (all in the name of light-hearted competition, of course) to the spirited HenHud Pep Band providing a perfect soundtrack to the organized chaos, the Pep Rally provided the energy to last the whole weekend.

Photo Credits: Sarah Nabi

Due to the unfortunate inclement weather on Friday afternoon, the varsity football game against Rye Neck was rescheduled for Saturday night, resulting in a busy night for students. The game was back and forth, close at many times, and despite HenHud’s eventual 19-12 loss, students were not deterred as many raced home to suit up for the Homecoming dance at 8:30. 

The Homecoming dance, sponsored and organized graciously by our wonderful PTSA, provided students with that quintessential high school experience that is often not forgotten. The gym was transformed into a light-filled dancefloor, the Hall of Fame a photo backdrop, and the Senior Class occupied the booth by the doors to sell refreshments and sweets. A night filled with laughter, singing, and a whole lot of dancing, it was the perfect end to an eventful week at Hendrick Hudson High School.